[arin-ppml] Portability of demand (was: APNIC out of v4)

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri Apr 15 22:59:56 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> This is basically correct. The company should be required to have
> operations in ARIN's region and, if applicable, have requested prior
> resources in the same manner. NTT would meet this test.

So...a company that currently only operates in the APNIC
region, but is working on an expansion into the ARIN region
would need to build out their operational network into the
ARIN region _first_, then apply for address space from ARIN
for the network, then renumber off the RFC1918 addresses
to the real address using the address block they couldn't
obtain until they first built the network and rendered it
operational?

Or are we allowing for bootstrapping of efforts where a
company does not yet operate services in the region,
but needs the resource in order to build into the region
and begin offering those services?

Matt