[arin-ppml] Petition for Discussion of ARIN-prop-136

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Apr 14 15:22:03 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Benson Schliesser
<bensons at queuefull.net> wrote:
> ARIN-prop-136: Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks
> Proposal Originator:  Benson Schliesser

Benson,

I would like to see more care given to the technical details of how
such a thing would be accomplished before throwing around policy text.
 Are we talking about managing RDNS the way ICANN handles the .com and
.net zones?  There are implications here whose evaluation does not
appear within the proposal text.

Accordingly, while I would welcome further discussion of the general
topic I do NOT support moving this proposal text to formal discussion
at this time.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004