[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-139 No reassignment without networkservice

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Apr 8 23:23:16 EDT 2011

> Primarily, as staff has stated their current actions, their actions
are
> not entirely in line with current policy wording. Since I think their
> actions are generally correct, I am proposing to realign the policy
> to match their current actions rather than the other way around
> as some would seek to do.
>
> Owen

Well, I am playing devil's advocate here by gaming it from the position
of "if I wanted to be an LIR whose business was providing IP addresses
to snowshoe spammers, how would I attempt to get around ARIN's policy".
In other words, try to find the holes and then close them up.   I
believe I understand your intention and support it, but I want to make
sure it is actually workable in practice.  I would not support a rule
that says I have to route the traffic to the net block through the
provider that gave me the block as I have a real world configuration
right now where that wouldn't work.  It would break things or cause a
huge amount of extra work for no good operational reason.