[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - October 2010

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Wed Oct 13 15:28:13 EDT 2010

On 10/13/10 3:12 PM, "Bill Darte" <BillD at cait.wustl.edu> wrote:

[ snip ]

> In answer to your further inquiry about the modifications suggested from
> the floor.  I don't recall that there was a really clear statement or
> wording change, but I take responsibility for not being able to
> formulate the correct and acceptable language in my motion to send the
> Draft Policy to last call.

If I believed that the AC should act as individuals vs. a collective, I'd
accept that. It demonstrates that the AC might not be firing on all cylinder
from my perspective.

There were two suggestions made from the floor and an encouragement to make
the modifications to include "various registries" as excepted to address
Geoff Hustons hypothetical scenario.

> Legitimate questions arose about the language and meaning and the
> ensuing effort failed to reach clear, simple appropriate language which
> all policies deserve.

What were those questions? It's not unfair to ask the AC to legitimize the
tabling of this proposal all considered.

Best Regards,

-M<