[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - October 2010

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Wed Oct 13 14:56:55 EDT 2010

On 10/13/10 2:45 PM, "Bill Darte" <BillD at cait.wustl.edu> wrote:

> No conspiracy.

Bill,

I didn't use the word conspiracy and didn't imply it. What I did say was
that there was overwhelming consensus and I'm interested as to why the AC
opted to table an issue that didn't have a consensus issue like most of the
proposals that we've been seeing in the last six months. The abandonments
were easy as they were clearly losers with respect to consensus.

> This policy was tabled because the AC within the finite meeting
> timeframe was unable to find concrete language that described the
> addresses...that Geoff Huston and others referenced in the
> meeting....which are the addresses residually held by the RIR of record
> as the administrator of /8 blocks allocated across RIRs...as I
> understand it.... and for which space an agreement between RIRs exists
> (apparently) for the future distribution to other RIRs......or something
> like that.

Why were the modifications suggested from the floor of the meeting
inadequate?

Best,

-mM<