[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - October 2010

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:33:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:

> In accordance with the ARIN Policy Development Process the ARIN Advisory
> Council (AC) held a meeting on 8 October 2010 and made decisions about
> several draft policies.
>
> <snip>
>
> The following draft policies remain on the AC's docket for further
> development and evaluation:
>
>  2010-8: Rework of IPv6 assignment criteria
>  2010-14: Standardize IP Reassignment Registration Requirements
>
> The following draft policy was tabled until the AC's next meeting:
>
>  2010-10 (Global Proposal): Global Policy for IPv4 Allocations by the
> IANA Post Exhaustion

Some additional context (my own perspective, not speaking for the AC):

It is my impression that all three of these draft policies have the support
of most of the AC, and are likely to move forward to last call.  2010-8 and
2010-14 are being revised, and IMO should go out to last call once the
community is satisfied with the text on PPML.  That could happen at the
November AC meeting.

I saw pretty comprehensive support for 2010-10 from the community and most
of the AC, but given the urgency of 2010-12 (which took up most of our
meeting time), and the fact that 2010-10 is still being considered by the
other RIRs, it seemed to me that we should wait until next month's AC
meeting to make any decisions on whether to send it to last call as is,
revise it, or hold onto it until the other RIRs have all had a chance to
discuss it.

-Scott