[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 119: Globally Coordinated Transfer Policy - revised

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Wed Nov 24 08:08:19 EST 2010

John, all,

So you would look at 'current policy' in each RIR to assess conformance with the specifics outlined in 205O associated with conservation, routability and registration?  Assuming that conforming policy existed in an RIR, what mechanism would you presume that would document that conformance in establishing a needs basis for transfers?

That is, if a requester in another RIR wants addresses from a constituent in the ARIN region, how would ARIN assess that the request conforms to the policy of ARIN for allocation?...or would ARIN simply assess that the RIR from which the request comes from, has needs-based policy...and therefore the request must be legitimate?

The reverse of course would be much simpler as the ARIN constituent requesting address space from another RIR's constituent would have to qualify under ARIN policy and be vetted accordingly, yes?

bd