[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 122: Reserved Pool for Future Policy Development

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Fri Nov 19 19:07:14 EST 2010

On 11/20/10 12:19 AM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Hannigan, Martin <marty at akamai.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You missed a stitch here. Leave enough time following the October 2011
>>> meeting for the proposal to go through last call and board adoption.
>>> Maybe something like 1/1/2012 as the expiration date.
>>
>> I made it 20 OCT since the ARIN Philly meeting is 12-14 October 2011.
>
> Exactly my point. Assuming we have consensus at Philly, it isn't
> possible to do a last call and board ratification in 6 days. First the
> AC has to meet and vote to move it to last call. Then it has to be
> posted to last call. Then we wait for folks to comment. Then the AC
> has to meet again and vote to recommend the draft to the board. Then
> the board has to meet and actually ratify the policy.

I agree. My date was deliberate though. I don't want to drag this out to
Philly as we risk being exhausted by then. It would be bad to have addresses
being held and have need in the region. I'm certain that we'd be exposed
legally if we were to have that condition. Still, I am willing to modify
this date if people feel strongly about it. How about pulling it into Puerto
Rico plus adequate process time and making proposal 123 separate and
permanent?

Best,

-M<