[arin-ppml] Comcast

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Nov 8 22:52:34 EST 2010

On 11/8/2010 6:26 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> In message<206001cb7f91$64b8f6e0$2e2ae4a0$@com>,
> "Warren Johnson"<warren at wholesaleinternet.com>  wrote:
>
>> I simply think it is intriguing that a large evangelist and proponent of
>> ipv6 adoption required a gigantic allocation.  It demonstrates the
>> complexity of the issue.
>

> Just curious... Who is the official keeper of the IPv4 doomsday clock,
> and how much closer to midnite does this allocation put us?

That's a catch-22.  You cannot runout of IPv4 unless you get the
Internet very popular but it's the popularity of the Internet that
forces you to runout of IPv4.

I frankly am much more interested in what the percentage of that 8
million IPs is free Legacy space and what percentage are they paying
ARIN for?

Ted