[arin-ppml] GUA vs ULA vs ?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Mar 31 06:35:38 EDT 2010

> I should have added that ULA-C is not currently defined in
> any RFC, the whole prefix FC00::/7 is defined for ULA in RFC
> 4193, but FC00:/8 is technically reserved, only FD00::/8 has
> been defined so far. There have been a number drafts looking
> to define centrally assigned ULA (ULA-C), the most current
> one is at the following URL;
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hain-ipv6-ulac-01

Other drafts on the topic are:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mrw-6man-ulac-analysis-01>

<http://smakd.potaroo.net/ietf/idref/draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-central/index.h
tml>

<http://nsa.vix.com/~vixie/ula-global.txt>

I think that we should try to get a draft that incorporates
much of the discussion on ARIN-PPML and either have someone
co-author with Tony Hain, or submit it separately.

Seems to me that the 6MAN WG is the place to carry on the discussion.

--Michael Dillon