[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Fri Mar 26 17:31:53 EDT 2010

    >> Bingo!  There is the model for doing reverse DNS for ULA-C. And
    >> also for the directory of ULA-C registrations which would be at
    >> http://ula.nro.net. That page would explain what ULA is, provide
    >> a calculator for generating a ULA-RANDOM address, direct people
    >> to the 5 RIR web pages for registering ULA-C addresses, provide a
    >> ULA-C directory lookup button, and provide a link for enabling
    >> reverse DNS for your ULA-C block.  People would then have a
    >> choice of whether or not to have reverse DNS or to have it
    >> delegated to the same phantom IANA server that handles RFC 1918
    >> reverse DNS.

    David> No way, go read RFC 5158, that defines this.  It requires you
    David> to connect to that web site from the 6to4 address range you
    David> want to register, this is what I call implied authorization.
    David> How would this kind of implied authorization for an address
    David> range that is NOT suppose to be globally routed?

This is why 6to4 is not very useable for NCN.

In the absense of a cheaply available NCN space (i.e. 10x cheaper than
GUA), then the answer that works today is use some 6to4.

If you allocate NCN space via another mechanism (tainted, or ULA-C),
then reverse gets delegated via the normal mechanism.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.