[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Mar 26 16:07:58 EDT 2010

On Mar 26, 2010, at 12:46 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> No... I'm not saying we need  a reason to get rid of NAT. I'm saying that
>> NAT should be allowed to become obsolete with IPv4.
>
> That word "alllowed"... I do not think it means what you think it means.

I believe that it means exactly what I intended per the definition below. Below excerpted from the
dictionary widget in MacOS X 10.6 dashboard.

allow |əˈlou|
verb [ trans. ]
1 admit (an event or activity) as legal or acceptable : a plan to allow Sunday shopping | a reservoir with no hunting or overnight camping allowed.
• [ trans. ] fail to prevent (something) from happening : I could not believe that we would allow the opportunity to slip away.