[arin-ppml] Use of "reserved" address space.

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Jun 28 07:42:22 EDT 2010

> My point is that the content and services need to be made available on
> both protocols. It was not my intent to dictate specific means of
> getting there.

Then we agree.

> Finally, this word 6to4...It does not mean what you seem to think it
> means.

Perhaps then I misunderstand this comment:

   Not quite correct. 6to4 does not require transiting a relay if the
target
   is another 6to4 site. What this means is that a clueful content
provider
   will put up a 6to4 router alongside whatever native service they
provide,
   then populate the dns with both the native and 6to4 address.

which can be found on ARIN's IPv6 wiki here
<http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Relay_Services>

That was really all that I was getting at. As for the intricacies of
6to4, I probably
don't fully understand them. But it seems to me that a v6 client without
v6 connectivity
will try to use a 6to4 tunnel, and that there is benefit to content
providers implementing
6to4 relays beside their servers.

--Michael Dillon