[arin-ppml] Use of "reserved" address space.

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Fri Jun 25 15:32:29 EDT 2010

I think the impact on end hosts would be painful.  Just because my
Linux laptop doesn't mind (thanks to a kernel hack), it doesn't mean
the world's web servers etc. are ok...  Getting universal support for
unicast use of Reserved space is roughly on-scale with the challenges
of deploying IPv6.

However, I've heard reasonable suggestions that reserved space might
be useful for network infrastructure especially in the context of
Locator / ID split proposals i.e as locator space.

Cheers,
-Benson