[arin-ppml] Future pressures on the ARIN policy process (Was: Use of "reserved" address space)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jul 2 16:18:26 EDT 2010

On Jul 1, 2010, at 8:09 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> I agree.  I think it would be better if the AC were elected by the broader
> community. The board should, IMHO, still be elected by the membership.

I see distinct advantages (better representation) and disadvantages (greatly increased risk of capture as a means of getting policy made), but would like to take this thread in a slightly different direction for a moment.

This is the type of question which might be interesting to provide to perspective Board candidates to see their views on the matter. There are probably a few other similar ones in areas such as fees and IPv6 promotion.   However, we have received very little community input for the NomCom on questions to be put on the candidate applications.

I'd ask that folks spend some time thinking about this, and send questions which will help you get a Board and AC which best serves ARIN's mission.   The deadline for question submission shall be extended briefly to allow more time for input.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO