[arin-ppml] Future pressures on the ARIN policy process (Was: Use of "reserved" address space)

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Thu Jul 1 13:39:38 EDT 2010

Your math does not hold up. For every additional voting organization, the number to achieve a majority increases by an average of .5.

> Annual dollar value of favorable policy to the transit-free ISPs in
> the ARIN region: unknown but surely growing more significant with v4
> address exhaustion.

I'm skeptical that it is possible to construct a policy that would vastly favor one group of ARIN participants without greatly impacting another group of ARIN participants.

So, why the concern about non-ISP ARIN voters?

Keith Hare

Keith W. Hare                     JCC Consulting, Inc.
keith at jcc.com                     600 Newark Road
Phone: 740-587-0157               P.O. Box 381
Fax: 740-587-0163                 Granville, Ohio 43023
http://www.jcc.com                USA