[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Thu Jan 28 21:03:14 EST 2010

George Bonser wrote:
> And a couple of other things:
>
> Is it a primary purpose of ARIN to protect the commercial interests of
> transit providers?

I feel it prudent that all entities, commercial or not, have information
available to be found if they are using N size of address block.

Otherwise, I can 'hide' a client behind me, and then shift them to a
friend who can also 'hide' them when abuse complaints come in, and
effectively, pass around a potentially lucrative abuser, and the true
good folk of the Internet community have no method to find out who the
problem actually is.

I like the idea of knowing who is using the IP, when a client needs to
be assigned a block of them.

Steve