[arin-ppml] V6 address allocation policy

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Jan 20 10:48:51 EST 2010

My take on this is that who the different sites have for a provider is not as important as the routing policy.  Perhaps 'irreconcilable routing policies' might be a better discriminator.

It is very possible for one company to have two sites within a community served by a single provider, and each site requires completely disparate routing and has separate responsible administrators and technical staff.  In that case shouldn't the two sites be running out of separate IP spaces?

On the other hand one company might have two sites running in two different communities through the same provider with a common routing policy.  These two sites could use a common IP space.  My company provides connectivity all across the eastern part of our state.  Insurance companies, hospitals and farms commonly have satellite premises in different communities that could route as a single unit.  (FWIW farms nowadays are technically advanced big businesses)

I don't see that (community AND provider) is functional as a determiner. Perhaps (community AND provider AND POC) would work.