[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 108: Eliminate the term license inthe NRPM

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Feb 12 20:01:10 EST 2010

> And I believe that Michael was merely objecting to the use of a US
> "public policy tradition" as justification for (or against)
> ARIN policy
> and suggesting that the Canadians should be allowed to take their
> marbles (or virtual, non-property rights to use "their" marbles) home
> and apply their own public policy traditions, were we to go down that
> road.  But northern humor can be subtle, and I might have missed the
> whole and entire point. ;-)
>
> --Jon Radel

Fair enough. I agree that US traditions are not and should not be a factor here, but find Bill's general perspective on this issue to be quite convincing and unrelated to his chauvinistic slip up.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology