[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Feb 5 01:29:09 EST 2010

> Assigning /22's adjacent to /16's. ARIN's practice dictates that the
> /16's will be disaggregable by the assignee to /22 for TE purposes as
> well.

An alternative way to view this is that ARIN does not facilitate discriminating
against the /22 holders without also affecting the TE deaggregates
of the larger players.

>> So what is the direction the community wants to go for IPv6 non-connected
>> networks?
>
> Published unique pool so that ISPs can assure that the non-connected
> networks stay non-connected, even if Jim's Bait and Network Services
> gets bribed to introduce a route.

With all due respect, Bill, that's the direction you would like to go, but,
not necessarily the direction the community wants to go. Much more
input is required before a determination can be made which direction
the community would like to go, in my opinion.

Owen