[arin-ppml] Proposal 2010-3-ARIN-PPML Digest

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Feb 4 08:42:39 EST 2010

> In the light of the sheer size of the database, and
> increasing numbers of records, I cannot disagree. I was also
> reminded by a friend yesterday that the definition of Privacy
> is undergoing substantial change in both Government and
> Private sector spheres and the use of Social networks is I
> think responsible for a need to rethink what we mean by it.

Yes, and one possible outcome is to say:

   In light of the fact that so much of this information is
   readily available elsewhere on the Internet, ARIN will
   no longer collect or publish x, y and z, but will focus
   solely on providing network technical contact info for
   those organizations for which it has a direct contractual
   relationship.

--Michael Dillon