[arin-ppml] Proposal 2010-3-ARIN-PPML Digest

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:34:57 EST 2010

In the light of the sheer size of the database, and increasing numbers of
records, I cannot disagree. I was also reminded by a friend yesterday that
the definition of Privacy is undergoing substantial change in both
Government and Private sector spheres and the use of Social networks is I
think responsible for a need to rethink what we mean by it.

ARIN then as a community resource should be the preferred trusted custodian
of all levels of privacy pertaining to number resources and determine policy
for levels of access in the interests of the community.
RD

> There is to some extent some community self-auditing that is done.
>

> If one needs to contact an operator and discovers that the contact
> information is incorrect, maybe that one could be flagged somehow for
> audit as opposed to doing a blanket audit of all of them.  A top to
> bottom audit would take considerable human resources and most of them
> would probably be correct anyway.  And most of those that are incorrect
> would be people who aren't having issues.  A lot of time would be spent
> locating and correcting records that aren't causing a problem.
>

> The ones that are related to some sort of issue AND are incorrect would
> tend to surface rather quickly and people would find them in the course
> of their normal operations.

Rudi Daniel
e Business Consultant
http://www.svgpso.org
http://oecstimes.wordpress.com
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.” - Bertrand
Russell