[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Feb 2 14:40:25 EST 2010

> Again, if both the Service Provider and the Client are willing to have the
> Service Provider act as an agent for the client.... why should policy
> dictate that they can't?
>
> Heck, if some-one wants to list in WHOIS the admin contact info for thier
> lawyers office....and thier lawyer is willing to do it...why should ARIN
> dictate that they can't?

I agree with this, though it is the customer's decision.  I can see the point that today the customer may make that decision by deciding whether to use an ISP that SWIPs or one that doesn't..

Personally I would like to see wording to the effect that:
The contact information for the customer MUST be entered UNLESS directed by the customer to enter the information for a designated agent as *PoC

The intent is to make entering something functional mandatory, to have the actual customer information preferred, but to allow a customer designated agent.

The customer designated agent could certainly be the ISP *if* the customer directs it to be so, it could also be their netops contracter, their help desk or their attorney.  Let's avoid SHOULD or MAY in the actual wording.  SHOULD and MAY are no-ops.