[arin-ppml] Petition Underway -PolicyProposal95:CustomerConfidentiality - Time Sensitive

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon Feb 1 15:51:19 EST 2010

> So, what I am hearing from you is that you do not want a
> whois directory, you want an application where you can
> put in an IP address and the app will give you a page with
> all the information that ARIN has related to the owners
> of that address including other blocks that they use,
> their upstream's contact info, the upstream of their upstream's
> contact info and so on.

No. What you are hearing me say is that things work just fine the way
they are right now with whois.  I can get all the information I
currently need from whois and Proposal 95 would break that.

The only benefit Proposal 95 offers is protection of customer lists.

I could support a proposal that protects the customer lists while also
protects my being able to do what I need to do.

Blocking of the > operator for that one type of query would not impact
my ability to get my work done and would make it harder for sales drones
to walk provider address space.