[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - PolicyProposal95:CustomerConfidentiality - Time Sensitive

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Feb 1 14:46:20 EST 2010

> What I do NOT need is the ability to "walk" through an
> upstream transit provider's SWIPS to find them all out. But I
> DO need as much information as I can get for a specific end
> user to include who they are, who their contact is, and what
> other networks they have assigned to them.

So, what I am hearing from you is that you do not want a
whois directory, you want an application where you can
put in an IP address and the app will give you a page with
all the information that ARIN has related to the owners
of that address including other blocks that they use,
their upstream's contact info, the upstream of their upstream's
contact info and so on.

The ARIN suggestion box is over that way:
<https://www.arin.net/app/suggestion/>

I don't like to use a sledge hammer to solve a problem that
requires a screwdriver.

--Michael Dillon