[arin-ppml] *Spam?* Re: Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Dec 30 16:19:15 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
> On 12/30/2010 11:36 AM, William Herrin wrote:
>> Come on Matthew, tell me your better than that. Let's help the prop
>> 125 guys find the least objectionable version of their proposal and
>> put off the talk about adoption or rejection of the general concept
>> until later.
>
> I'm not interested in helping them make this bad idea more palatable
> to the masses.

Then why should the prop 125 guys listen to anything you have to say?
The prop 125 guys will need to listen to the folks who might be
convinced to join a consensus with the right set of changes. You're a
firmly declared "no" vote. The only knowledge you offer them is a list
arguments to be rebutted.

What's more, should they fail to achieve a consensus on defects in the
proposal rather than the concept, it doesn't close the question... the
matter remains open for the next guy to and try again. And again.

If you're against the concept and want it to go away, help the prop
125 guys build the best proposal possible, and THEN seek consensus
that even the best constructed version of the concept is unacceptable.
And let the best ideas win.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004