[arin-ppml] *Spam?* Re: Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:57:32 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Chris Grundemann

> Come on you air breather, of course the proposal is to force people to
> adopt IPv6. Embrace the concept and think about how to approach it
> with a lighter hand. What is the least disruptive, least harsh thing
> you can do which will still force folks a helpful distance down the
> IPv6 adoption path?

The least harsh thing I can think of is to require that all further
ISP applicants for IPv4  PA space either have IPv6 space from ARIN  OR
 have at least one AS number,  and at least one announced IPv6 with
that AS number as ORIGIN.

And all further end user applications for IPv4 PI space  demonstrate
that they have an IPv6 allocation from ARIN
OR  their ISP's   SWIP or RWHOIS server  indicates at least one
existing IPv6 delegation,  which they have to supply in their
application.

This is what I would suggest requiring,  instead of anything in PP125.

--
-JH