[arin-ppml] Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:04:56 EST 2010

I do not support the petition to move PP-125 forward.

While I can understand the goal to insure that those receiving
IPv4 addresses have an IPv6 plan, I do not believe ARIN should
be taking a position of requiring specific implementations or
business plans (even if *I* think that they had better have an
IPv6 plan).  And, as others have said, at this point, by the
time consensus is likely to happen on a revised version of
this proposal, it will just be too late.

Gary