[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 124: Clarification of Section 4.2.4.4

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Fri Dec 10 09:33:41 EST 2010

On 12/10/10 1:08 AM, "Scott Leibrand" <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Hannigan, Martin <marty at akamai.com> wrote:
[ clip ]

> However, I expect 8.3 transfers to be the only practical way to
> get space for a lot more than 3 months, so I think it's reasonable to
> leave that window at something longer.

There are strategies emerging via multiple sources that address this problem
head-on. You don't need the STLS to guarantee your need, you only need it to
legitimize your use per current ARIN policy. It will be cheaper to only push
exactly what you need through the STLS and on quarterly boundaries to
maximize expense control. You can guarantee your price outside of STLS.

Best,

-M<