[arin-ppml] Props. 122 + 123 process?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Dec 2 00:13:57 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
> I'm fine with crickets on PPML when we are following the normal policy
> process, but you are suggesting this policy should follow the emergency
> policy process. In that case I don't think crickets on PPML is a good thing.

Hi David,

For what it's worth, my opinion is that 122 and 123 should be adopted
as draft policies and put through the normal process, at least until
the last /8 is actually allocated. However, the AC should plan to meet
within 48 hours of that allocation to determine whether to recommend
that the board adopt them under emergency rules and I would hope the
board would arrange to be able to quickly respond as well.

Yeah, we'll end up having to make a decision before the next meeting,
but there's no real harm in continuing the discussion until the last
minute as long as we have a pretty good idea what we're going to do
when it gets here.

When the last minute arrives, I would favor 122 and 123 as emergency policies.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004