[arin-ppml] Props. 122 + 123 process?

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Wed Dec 1 21:48:38 EST 2010

On 11/30/10 6:41 PM, "David Farmer" <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

> On 11/30/10 15:54 CST, Owen DeLong wrote:

[ snip ]

> But, on the other side what do you perceive the harm would be to of
> allowing 4.10 to be implemented as it is?  Or, will be if we fail to
> come to a consensus to fix it.

What's the harm in not calling an ambulance for a heart attack victim
because no-one can agree which ambulance service to call?

[ clip ]

> I would like to see a clear and significant (more than just the usual
> suspects) consensus that the community both supports these policies and
> more importantly that the community supports the use of the emergency
> policy process regarding these policies.  It needs to be clear to any
> third-party who reviews PPML at some future date, maybe as few as a
> couple months from now what the communities consensus was.

The sound of crickets on ppml should not be the sound of inaction by the AC.
Many policies are met with crickets on PPML and pass resoundingly at the
policy meeting. If the AC is going to be followers then I suggest that you
all stop writing and pushing your own proposals.

Best,

-M<