[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Apr 16 15:52:17 EDT 2010

Regards to you for clarifying. Assumptions about what is "commonly understood" only go so far when one is dealing with global public policy and an expanding base of constituents and participants. I think it's good for everyone involved when these forms of "shorthand", whether they are only "slightly" or "very" sloppy, are probed and made more explicit. And (Mr. Woodcock), the person who reveals and even deliberately probes at these assumptions is not necessarily wasting time. He may be making it possible for the discourse to be broadened and more inclusive, and more connected to analogous conversations in other policy domains.

--MM