[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Apr 16 13:35:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
>> > So the "every router" statement has now dwindled to "most large ISP
>> routers and about half of small ISP routers, which together compose
>> about 10% of the world's routers."
>> Ah, yes, but without the routers in that 10% we wouldn't have
>> an Internet to even be discussing.  They are more important
>> than the rest of the 90%.
> Of course. But facts matter. If you mean "the world's most important routers" say that. Don't say, "every router."

Milton,

IIRC, the phrase used was "everyone else's BGP router," where "BGP
router" is slightly sloppy but commonly understood shorthand for a
member of the specific set of routers we're concerned with - those
which carry all the routes announced into the public Internet via
eBGP.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004