[arin-ppml] ULA-C

Durand, Alain alain_durand at cable.comcast.com
Fri Apr 2 22:22:42 EDT 2010

On 4/2/10 8:11 PM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> The strong consensus
> to filter IPv4 at /24 is all but set in stone these days

Do you think this is going to stay that way very long after IANA exhaust?
I personally don't. There is already provision in a policy adopted by ARIN
to allocate /28s out of a reserved /10 to help IPv6 deployment after
exhaustion.

> As you are not an idiot, you already knew all this. That's why I
> called your claim that getting a ULA into the DFZ would just be a
> question of money intellectually dishonest.

Words like these do not help much. We may agree to disagree, but the
discussion should remain courteous.

   - Alain.