[arin-ppml] ULA-C

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Apr 1 15:19:38 EDT 2010

On 04/01/2010 12:05 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

>     Alain> The IPv4 parallel to draw is not with RFC1918 (it is
>     Alain> meaningless to advertize net10 because it is not unique), but
>     Alain> with long prefixes in IPv4.  How many /24s in your routingb
>     Alain> table? Or longer?
>
> So what?
> Show me the IETF or ARIN or RIPE or ... policy that says that they
> shouldn't be announced?

More to the point there are direct analogies betwen the class-c swamp
and the concerns expressed about the potential for unique assignments to
be advertised at some point in the future. fwiw we do advertise our
swamp space in an aggregated fashion because it's possible to do...

The swamp almost broke the internet the last time around...