[arin-ppml] ULA-C

Durand, Alain alain_durand at cable.comcast.com
Thu Apr 1 09:17:30 EDT 2010

So here we are, re-hashing the discussion from a couple years ago...

To answer Fred's point bellow, the issue is that nothing prevents those ULAs
to be routed on the Internet. It is essentially a matter of how much an
organization is willing to pay its service provider to announce the prefix.

This is more likely to happen with centrally registered prefixes (guaranteed
unique) rather than with self-originated, randomly generated ones.

    - Alain.