[arin-ppml] IPv4 Depletion as an ARIN policy concern

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 29 14:40:18 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Lee Dilkie <Lee at dilkie.com> wrote:
> And yes, while you'll still be running v4 inside and using some small v4
> public address block, you'll very likely run dual stack on your public
> internet-facing servers to allow the new "v6 only" customers to see your
> wares.

Lee,

What would possibly motivate me to do such a thing to my smoothly
running servers? The non-existent IPv6 only users I'm ignoring? The
entertainment value in trying to chase down multihomable addresses
that all the ISPs route? The rewarding experience when the
IPv6-enabled applications on my and other dual-stacked systems try and
fail to communicate with IPv6 even though a perfectly good IPv4 path
is available? The warm fuzzy feeling I get for having done a good deed
by slitting my corporate throat?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004