[arin-ppml] v4 to v6 obstacles

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Thu Oct 29 14:04:48 EDT 2009

* Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> [2009-10-29 00:50-0400]:
> Owen DeLong wrote:
>
> When there's an answer to that question more exciting than "the
> turtle dances when you go to kame.net", people will care and demand
> IPv6. Until then, why would they bother?

Most everything I do is done in such a way so that people have
absolutely no idea that I've done it. My goal is to seamlessly make
necessary transitions to technologies without having to justify some new
carrot to the users in order to do it. I don't want IPv6 because I'll
get a dancing turtle, the dancing turtle just tells me that I got it
working.

> I've had every desktop in my house IPv6-enabled for over a year.
> I've experienced absolutely no difference, except for a few sites
> that are a bit slower to reach as a result. On those days when, for
> whatever reason, the IPv6 is down... I don't even notice until I
> happen to see it in the logs.

Sounds like you are running from a tunnel broker, with variable
instability. I don't think it is fair to blame IPv6 for issues you've
had with a tunnel provider.

micah