[arin-ppml] [ppml] alternative realities (was PIv6 for legacy holders (/wRSA + efficient use)) (fwd)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Oct 24 17:24:57 EDT 2009

> It looks to me like the "net amateur" part is a 'slight' but I can't tell
> for sure.  I am an advocate of anyone with an opinion on this or any matter
> to speak it regardless of credentials as we all have something to input. I
> try to find value in everyone's opinion regardless of education. Otherwise
> we'd have very short conversations in the world.
>
> As for cranking ourselves up into a lynch mob. That's offbase.  I'm not
> suggesting any particular course of action only brainstorming on what could
> happen when we're out of v4 Ips.  You never know what might popup when
> people are brainstorming that ends up being critical.  I get into trouble a
> lot for playing "what-if" games :-).

to quote a friend

    I'm amazed that these fat guys are still fighting over scraps when
    there is a banquet in front of them.  Why would anyone give up
    self-governance for a short term/dead-end gain?

and you seriously underestimate the embarrassing nature and long term
damage of the rir policy wonks' public display.

randy