[arin-ppml] 2009.10.21 ARIN 24 first day morning notes

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Wed Oct 21 21:32:19 EDT 2009

Matthew Petach wrote:

> Joe Maimon--if all large allocations go to providers,
> is it known when they will be coming back to the well?
>
> John knows when everyone got their last block, and
> can build a sawtooth demand on when they are likely
> to come back for their next request based on history
> If you project that forward, you get a model that
> looks a lot like Geoff's data.

Just to clarify, the remote question wasnt related to Ipv4 and runout
predictions - it was related to the /32 allocation statistics.

In other words, have all the expected large consumers of IPv6 received
their /24's or whatever and are we expecting them back anytime in the
next decade? Does ARIN have an idea of how much IPv6 /32's need to be
allocated by IPv4 runout to cover all addressing needs at that point?