[arin-ppml] Straw Poll

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Oct 6 13:56:04 EDT 2009

.

>  From that perspective, they see the Smart Grid as a completely
> separate (even if occasionally an overlay on top of the) Internet.
>  From that perspective, their view tends to be that they can
> completely re-use the existing IPv4 address space without colliding
> with the Internet.

My question here is whether even a /0 of 32 bit space is enough to service a
global scope of the plan with unique addresses.  Of course they may be
planning to implement the same /0 in multiple regions (continents?) and PAT
between them if necessary.  Not being privy to the plans leaves me only able
to guess which is dangerous at best.