[arin-ppml] IP Address Fee Structure Policy and the Right ofEducation

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Mon Nov 30 11:30:41 EST 2009

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
>>  thanks.  this clarifies (for me) a little more of your situation.
>>

>>> And an IP for example is 217.234.79.76, which is
>>>

> Yes indeed, this clarifies things. http://217.234.79.76
> leads me to http://217.234.79.76/web/index.php?forum-showposts-1
> which says that you plan on rebroadcasting US TV channels.
> I imagine that you have found a high-school in the USA that
> is willing to host a Slingbox, or something similar, and you
> need a static IP address as a destination for your streams.

Hmmmm....at least when I want to do sleazy things on the Internet I
don't jump up and down on mailing lists about how everyone owes it to me
to make it work.  I'm beginning to suspect that all the suggestions that
he negotiate something with his ISP aren't getting much traction because
his ISP has gotten really, really tired of hearing about all this.
Anyway, last I checked, Germany is one of those countries that takes
tight control of TVs relatively seriously; there might actually be an
interesting back story to that little Godwin's Law outburst.

BTW, right now links to the Gymnasium Querfurt Broadcasting Channel are
going to http://texas.gqbc-online.com/path/section_home/page_home
in/near Dallas, Texas, which has the little note:  "Due to problem with
the server in our main facility, we switched to our back up server in
Dallas, Texas temporarily. Please be aware that some parts of this
website might not work correctly and might not be up to date. We
appologize for any inconvenience."

At the very least, however, I'm hoping that this discussion is proving
of pedagogical value to Christopher.

--Jon Radel