[arin-ppml] IP Address Fee Structure Policy and the Right of Education

Christopher Mettin cmettin at gqbc-online.com
Sun Nov 29 07:53:26 EST 2009

ARIN Community,

Why does ARIN manage the IP addresses allocated to North America? Did they
win a competition in cost-effeteness and reliability?

And does ARIN show a proof that the fees cover at least 90% of their
operating costs?

If IANA would replace ARIN with GQHS today, I could offer everyone a /20
block for just $10 annually and no cent more. GQHS will also have less
operation costs and that will save our environment a lot.

I will propose this idea to IANA soon. Maybe "Virginian non-profit" actually
means they just don't have any stocks but I bet they make a million revenue
each year. At all, they are not the right organization to manage IP
addresses it seems.

Has anyone a problem with IP addresses given away for as cheap as a .com
domain?

Sincerely yours,
Christopher