[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 104: Multiple Discrete Networks forproposal 103

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun Nov 22 16:32:11 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 3:09 PM,  <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:
> Even though I prefer succint proposals, I would rather see a proposal
> with additional clauses which can be neatly cut off if they do not have
> support, than to muddy the waters the way that this one does.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. I split them into separate proposals because
I believe that Multiple Discrete Networks raises functionally
different issues from proposal 103. Should someone propose an elegant
way to unify the two, I'll read it with interest.

I have no opinion on the merits of incorporating the final version of
104 into the final version of 103 and will follow the AC's guidance on
the matter.

> This proposal wants us to discuss proposed changes to a proposal which
> is not yet policy.

My understanding is that IPv6 Multiple Discrete Networks (proposal
2009-5) is very likely to become policy. Proposal 104 is offered in
anticipation of that outcome. If for some reason 2009-5 does not
become policy, 104 will obviously be moot in its entirety.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004