[arin-ppml] [arin-announce] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

John Schnizlein schnizlein at isoc.org
Fri May 29 18:37:17 EDT 2009

This situation does seem remarkably like deciding whether a request
deserves a class-A or a class-B.  The 16 bits of a /48 matches the
class-B of olden days.

But there is a whole (IPv4-scale) Internet's worth of class-A
addresses to hand out.  Conserving addresses really matters MUCH less
than default-free route-table size.  Thinking about need really has to
shift when there really is no scarcity.

John