[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri May 29 17:08:07 EDT 2009

On 29 May 2009 Owen DeLong wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 9:45 AM, David Farmer wrote:
>
> > Additionally, I believe it may remove the need for for proposal 84.
> > IPv6 Multiple Discrete Networks.  What to those that support that
> > proposal think?
> >
> I don't think it will.  I can see several scenarios where you would
> want your HD ration calculated independently for independent sites vs.
> a conjoint determination.
> Owen

Ok after reading proposal #84 again, I think I agree that at
least some of the use cases for that proposal would not get
much help from this.

However, I might want to add criteria to proposal #84 that a
justification of why multiple sub parts of a larger aggregate are
not suitable for the organization's purpose.  Because at least
some of the potential use cases for #84 could be served my
not requiring the announcement of the aggregate.  And in
those cases I would rather such needs be meet by not
announcing an aggregate.

David Farmer                                      Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota		       Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE		       Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029	       FAX: 612-626-1818