[arin-ppml] Snork... Yawn... S'up?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri May 22 08:22:54 EDT 2009

morning folks,

	lazy as i am, i'm toying w/ reviewing the list archives for the past seven months, but
thought i'd toss in my query first and -then- do my homework.

	a bit of background:  https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/bot2009_0206.html  has this little
gem:

	. Ratification of Draft Policy 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

At their meeting on January 24, 2009, the ARIN Advisory Council recommended that the ARIN Board of Trustees adopt this Draft Policy.

Scott Bradner moved:

    "The ARIN Board of Trustees, based on the recommendation of the ARIN Advisory Council, and noting that the Policy Development Process has been followed, adopts Draft Policy 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses."

[discussion elided]

The motion carried, via roll call, with 4 in favor and 1 abstention (Lee Howard).

[discssion about what an "Emergency" is elided]

Paul Vixie joined the call at this time (1.47 p.m. EST).  The Chair briefed him on the discussion.

The Chair then suggested a friendly amendment to Scott's motion, and moved:

    "The ARIN Board of Trustees declares a State of Emergency. Due to the need for a more flexible Transfer Policy, the ARIN Board of Trustees has adopted Draft Policy 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses, further making the following edits provided by Bill Woodcock. The Board also adds Section 2.8, replacing it in whole with Mr. Woodcock's rewrites."

Scott Bradner accepted this friendly amendment. The Chair called for further discussion. There were no further comments.

The motion carried unanimously via roll call.

So my query.  When will this accepted/adpoted policy be implemented?

--bill