[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy - Revised andforwarded to the Board

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue May 5 19:31:28 EDT 2009

OK, your referring to people not giving it up post-IPv4 runout,
not land-grabs pre-IPv4 runout

Also I think what your talking about is speculation, not hoarding.

> At this point whether or not the applications for space were
> filled out faithfully is moot.  Also much of the unused space
> was granted long before the applications we use today existed.
>

> > Since true hoarding implies false data submitted for an IPv4
> > application, if anyone hs any concrete evidence that someone has
> > falsified an application then they should immediately post
> it, as well
> > as turn it over to ARIN's hostmaster.
> >
> > We have no problems in the US with posting all manner of discovered
> > illegalities of companies doing actions like illegal
> dumping, so I see
> > no legal barrier to yelling foul if you can prove that someone's
> > cheating with an IPv4 application.
> >
> > I agree that once an unrestricted transfer proposal is in
> NRPM that it
> > will be an incentive to hoard, but it isn't in the NRPM yet.
> > And once it is in, it will only be an incentive, we don't know if
> > people will actually cheat/hoard.
>
> You don't think 2008-6 is an unrestricted transfer proposal?

No.  It is restricted because of the sunset clause of 3 years in it.
Granted that's not the kind of restrictions I think you were thinking
about but it is a restriction.

> > Remember, the people who are pusing this transfer thing are ALSO
> > waving around the spectre of hoarding as an emotional
> appeal to try to
> > get support for their transfer allowance into the NRPM.
> Please take
> > the high road on this.
>
> I believe I am taking the high road and looking out for what
> IMO is the good of the community. I just happen to believe
> that it is necessary in this instance to be vocal. I very
> rarely purposefully take the low road.

I am just leery of people saying that such-and-such is happening right
now and offering no proof that it's actually happening.

Ted