[arin-ppml] How hard is it to transition to IPv6?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Mar 31 23:24:17 EDT 2009

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> What the problem is that it's hard to convince someone that the
> device they have had for the last 5 years that's still working
> perfectly, will not get support from the manufacturer for upgrades.

Actually it's not, and in most case the adoption will be driven by the
same things it was last time. ie more speed  on the wan from your *dsl
platform docsis 3.0 or ftth deployment or on the lan side from 802.11n
or gigabit ethernet, the trick always is sneak the new software support
in with some things the customer really think they want... How many of
us are still using the same cpe we were using in the era of 256K dsl
service?