[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-3 (Global): Allocation of IPv4 Blocks to Regional Internet Registries

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Tue Mar 31 19:07:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com>wrote:

> Scott Leibrand wrote:

[ clip ]

> 2009-3 is one such option, but I believe that the original proposed text
>> would be problematic, because the mandatory return of reclaimed space
>> removes most of the incentive for RIRs to reclaim space.  As a possible
>> alternative, I think that making the return of reclaimed space optional
>> would eliminate that concern, but it might also make the

Changing the intent of a submitted policy doesn't seem like a sustainable
course of action for any policy. We aren't making a good idea better, we're
taking a challenging idea and making it into a different idea. Interesting.
This is potentially a flaw in the new PDP.

Under the new policy process, if the author withdraws the policy, do your
revisions die with it?

Best,

Martin